I’m a bit picky when it comes to products. I have my favourite things for this week but they are always changing. Why is it that there are so many choices in life with everything that you do or try, it starts to overwhelm me!
1) I shared about my Paraben free face cream yesterday which is the white container in the picture below, and I also love Burt’s bees Carrot day cream. The carrot day cream is a little heavy for anyone with oily skin, so I would only suggest it for someone with dry skin.
2) You are probably wondering what moonshine mist is? Well, it’s actually a hair mist that from the health food store, but I have recently been using it to keep the shine on my hunter boots as they got a lot of salt on them when it was snowy. You just spray a little bit on a cloth and rub it in on the boots, works like a charm!
3) Essie nail polish is also in the picture below, which my old boss got me hooked on. OPI was my favourite nail polish, but heard recently it has Formaldehyde in it. Formaldehyde is typically used as a preservative, and to embalm bodies…EW. It is added to nail hardeners, and some nail polish. It has been linked to nasal and lung cancer, as it is a carcinogen. Essie does not have any of these gross ingredients in it, so you are doing your body a favour if you use it, and plus, they have the BEST colours!
4) M.A.C. is my all time favourite make up brand! They don’t test on animals, and though their products may not be as pure as those at the health food store, it is a really great line of make up. The colour of my lipstick in the picture is Snow Orchid.
5) Ecotools is the best brush brand that is all man made material. It’s sold at Wal Mart and is very inexpensive. The concealer brush is in my picture, and I have the blush brush as well.
6) BareMinerals Flawless Defintion Volumizing Mascara is my go to right now. It doesn’t go so thick that is makes your lashes stick together, and it really makes your eyelashes feel really full. BareMinerals is also a really great make up brand that does not test on animals. You can get it at Sephora!
When I was first diagnosed at eight years old with celiac disease , which sounds scary but its just another word for a gluten allergy, there were hardly any choices. I ate a lot of plain white rice, or steamed veggies, and it was a disaster, because I would go to all of my friend’s birthday parties and they would all be eatting cakes! All of us gluten free people now have tons of options, and its really exciting to finally be able to eat a cookie! You can find any of these products at Whole Foods, and they are all pretty good for you as well which is always a bonus. So here is my not so creative picture of my five favourite things…If you know me, you know I eat those crackers ALL the time!
P.S. Sorry about the wall paper…it’s an old house!
1) Blue Diamond Nut Thins: They come in 5 flavours, and I like the Cheddar Cheese the best. Only 130 calories per 16 crackers!
2) Buckwheat Sarrasin: The greatest waffles! The best flavour is wildberry.
3) Thai House Instant Rice Noodle Soup: The flavour in the picture is Spring onion, which I only eat out of all the different kinds they have. I think it tastes like lipton soup! These are a little high in sodium, but they are good if you are feeling a little naughty.
4) Starlite Cuisine Soy Taquitos: There are no trans fat in these corn tortillas. They are gluten free and vegan. If you are not a bit soy fan, I still suggest trying these. I put them in the oven for 10 minutes and they come out so crispy and delicious. Another naughty treat as they are a little higher in calories.
5) Amy’s Enchilada: This is a great fast meal. I know what it’s like trying to find something to bring to work that’s quick and easy, but this is exactly what this dish is. Its 330 calories with 8 grams of fat which isn’t bad at all for a complete meal. It comes with an enchilada, spanish rice, and beans. If you can or can’t eat gluten, I totally recommend you try this brand.